7/26/09

Girl's Camp

I was the Girl's Camp Director for our ward this year. We left on the 4th year overnight/backpacking hike on July 20, camp for the other girls started July 21, we all went home July 23. I was designated to go on the 4th year hike with our two 4th year girls, which meant all the other leaders were in charge of packing everything and getting all the girls up to camp. Joey and I love camping, but we haven't had a chance to go this summer, so this was MY camping trip for the summer. I had a lot of fun with the young women and getting to know them even more.


Nicole and one of the 4th year girls from my ward on our backpacking hike.



For some relaxation after the hikes, we did a spa treatment for the girls and let them soak their feet in warm water that had bath salts in it. The girls painted each others toes and/or finger nails and I also helped paint toes and finger nails.


One the the young woman getting her toes painted while the other painted her toes.


I painted a young woman's toes. This was the first time EVER for her to get her toes painted.


I'm missing one girl in this picture. We had a total of 8 girls from our ward and this is them doing a craft activity. Notice the large sunglasses-I absolutely loved them on the girls!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you planned some fun activities! I can't believe that was the first time one of the girls had her toes painted! haha! I don't like the bugs and hard ground, so I'm not a huge fan of camping, but I do remember having some pretty fun times during YW campouts. Do you remember some of our skits? ;)

    ReplyDelete