5/14/11

We're adopting a baby!

We found out the beginning of Jan. that a birth couple wants us to adopt their little baby that should be born the end of March.  We went ahead and told my parents on Jan. 29, 2011 and then were going to tell Joey's family the next day, but turned out that his mom and step-dad were out of town and when they did get into town it was too late to go over their.  When we finally told them, they had already heard through someone that Joey's brother works with, who's husband works with my dad.  We didn't end up taking any pictures of the in-laws reaction to finding out we are adopting this baby boy because we knew their reaction wouldn't be much of a "surprise" look. 
   Here are pictures of Nicole's parents unwrapping a picture frame that says "Baby Quinn to be born the end of March" or something similar to that.  My dad had a little trouble at first understanding what we meant and he asked, "Are you pregnant?"  I said, "I would have 2 months left, which means I'd be showing, so no, we are adopting."  You can get an idea to their reaction in the multiple pictures I took.

Opening the gift
"Oh, how cute. What does it say?"

"Am I reading that right?"

"OH MY!"
"You're adopting?"

No comments:

Post a Comment