6/8/11

Girl Scouts Ceremony April 25, 2011

Joey and I have been the scout leaders for the Cub Scout Webelos in our ward.  Since we started having our weekly meetings with the boys, Kaylee started asking if she could go to scouts.  I tried to explain to her the the Cub Scouts was only for boys, but she didn't understand that because I was a leader and she thought, "how could it be for only girls if your doing it?"  I tried explaining multiple times but didn't have much success, so I left it at-"you need to join Girl Scouts, which is for girls, not Cub Scouts."  Of course, she kept asking me when I was going to sign her up after that.  I didn't have any idea how to make that happen, so I would tell her that I need to look into it. 
   One afternoon as I was looking through Kaylee's backpack for notes and homework, I found a sign up she for Discovering Girl Scouts.  I signed her up and she started attending once a week, and loved it, especially the socialization with other young girls.  The girls had a ceremony to show all that they had learned, along with girl scout promise and law. I did forget my camera, but had my phone camera, so I took what shots I could get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment