1/17/10

Our wonderful struggle!



I've been thinking a lot lately about adoption and children. Both Joey and I have had a hard time being patient lately for that special woman to choose us to adopt her child/children. We have been approved through LDS Family Services for 1 year now and have been able to make contact through friends and family with girls who are pregnant and deciding what to do. The trouble is, we haven't heard from anyone. I haven't personally experienced the struggle of trying to decide what to do about a child you have growing in your belly that came unexpectedly, so I can't say that I know how difficult the decision is to place a child for adoption. I can only say that I have heard of stories and I have had family members who I've talked about adoption and they've mentioned how hard it would be to place that baby growing in their belly with another mommy and daddy to care for him or her.
Today in Relief Society, the lesson was on Our Heavenly Family. When I read the name of the lesson, I thought, "oh great, something to make me cry about, AGAIN!" Instead of becoming sad and having pity on myself, I became grateful and happy for the situation we are in and how much we have learned and grown together, along with how much we will continue to learn. The sister who taught the lesson shared this particular sentence, which
made me think: "Our Heavenly Father has chosen the time and place for each of us to be born so we can learn the lessons we personally need and do the most good with our individual talents and personalities." I've heard before about us being brought to Earth at a specific time, but I haven't thought about being brought to a certain place much. The child/children Heavenly Father has in mind for us will come whenever the time is right for us. The place may be through someone else's belly, but that is what that child needs so he or she can learn the lessons he/she needs to learn and the way he/she will do the most good with his/her talents and personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment